Incumbent President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev won Kazakhstan’s June 9 presidential election, receiving 70.96 percent of the vote (6,539,715 votes), said Central Election Commission (CEC) Member Lyazzat Suleimen at a June 10 CEC briefing on election results.
Kazakhstan’s Central Election Commission (CEC) has accredited 1,013 international observers, including 866 observers from nine international organisations and 147 observers from 41 foreign countries, to observe Kazakhstan’s June 9 presidential election, said CEC member Zauresh Baimoldina at a June 3 CEC meeting.
Kazakhs will vote for a new President on 9 June and, for the first time since the country’s independence, Nursultan Nazarbayev is not running.
President of the European Council Donald Tusk will pay a visit to Kazakhstan on May 31
The Prosecutor General’s Office of Kazakhstan has recorded violations of the requirements of electoral legislation on the Internet.
The key participants of the Trans-Caspian International Transport Route (TITR) are the national transport companies of Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan, a representative of the Ministry of Industry and Infrastructure Development of Kazakhstan told.
KazTransGas JSC has resumed the transit of Turkmen marketable gas through Kazakhstan to Russia via the Central Asia-Center (CAC) gas pipeline.
As Kazakhstan enters a new period in its history, the United Kingdom seeks to continue supporting the country’s development and maintaining and strengthening relations, British Ambassador to Kazakhstan Michael Gifford told The Astana Times.
China's Risen Energy took charge of EPC (Engendering, procurement and construction) of 40 MW solar power plant in Kazakhstan and invested 30 percent of the project’s capital, and the rest 70 percent was financed by European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), the company told Trend in an interview.
The United Kingdom views Kazakhstan as one of its major strategic partners in Central Asia, U.K. Minister of State for Europe and the Americas Sir Alan Duncan said in an exclusive interview with The Astana Times.